Absent, notice given:
- Opening (Martin)
Meeting opens at 20:30.
- Approval of the last Minutes (All)
- Approval of the Agenda (All)
- June 16 fundraising event this weekend (Marjoline)
- After the Fundraising
- Next project: first full project at the AZC refugee shelter Rijswijk (see To Do List) (Dina)
- Update To Do List (All)
- Next meeting? (Martin)
- Any further business (All)
- Close of meeting (Martin)
To Do List
Action Items (mark “Done” when completed)
- Create public “Dancing with Refugees” text prior to Refugee Project (Haydee) Consider presenting the project as therapeutic rather than as entertainment. See: https://www.sundancers.eu/dancing-with-refugees/
- Dina will add more now that she is a bit clearer on what to do: Complete Processes checklist for Event Organisation (Dina, initial help from Marjoline) & other: https://www.sundancers.eu/category/processes/
- Fundraising event:
– This is being done primarily by Klara (student team leader) supported by Luchie and Dina. You can find the developments listed here:
Luchie & Dina please to let us know in case of any problems or delays.
- Danceability: a – second – Zoom meeting with Alito Alessi to be organised (Martin, Marjoline, Anel);
- AZC project: Create poster & flyer (Maryam, Haydee); start organisation & planning schedule (Dina)
- Rehearsals: Planning new rehearsal schedule (Dina & Martin)
- General photography of all the above to be taken by Valentina & Cole – NEW PHOTOGRAPHER NEEDED.
DINA’S PROPOSED ORGANISATIONAL DOCUMENT
|Name of the event:|
|Goal of the event:|
|Contact person in the organization|
|Activity plan for workshops|
|Activity plan for final activity|
|Material & Logistics|
|Space for ___ people|
|__ Training sessions|
|Needs for target group|
|Logistics- Transportation for music requirements|
|Logistics- Transportation for sun dancers|
|___ volunteers for dancing|
|2 reception volunteers|
|___ food help volunteers|
|___ dancing instructors|
|Video & Photo|
● Invite volunteers to participate in the trainings and the event
● Invite target group to participate in the trainings and the event
|4. Web page publications|
Sun Dancers Event Organisation Checklist overview applied to the ______________________________
Mark each number when the activity is DONE.
- Establish event date
- Ensure answers to all the Who-What-Where-When-Why-How questions in the event description
- Get the team together:
- Who represents the Sun Dancers Event Organisation team? Who is in the lead? Who is planning?
- Who are our counterparts and what are their contact details?
- What promo material is necessary? Is it a co-production? Who is the end-graphics designer? Is it defined in the event description?
- What are the opportunities for video & photography? Who is the main photographer, cameraman?
- Who is taking care of promotions on the website, on Facebook, elsewhere?
- Who is budgetting? Who is Fundraising? Who is responsible for the financial accounting?
- Who is taking care of any IT changes, like the creation of ticketing, registration forms, etc.
- If it is a Fun(d)Raising, will tickets be offered? Who is responsible for the availability of tickets on the website and the processing of orders?
- Does choreography need to be developed? What kind? Who is doing it?
- Who is organising the training schedule & the training?
- Are special effects necessary for special needs people, such as beaming the rythym on the walls for deaf dancers (defined in event description)? Who is doing it?
- Is catering necessary? Who is coordinating the catering?
- Logistics: what logistics is foreseen, who have cars, who have muscle?
- Once you have the team together, who is managing the team and ensuring all planning is on target?
- Does the team have the necessary clothing with Sun Dancers logo? Alternatively, is there agreement on all wearing the same colour and using Sun Dancers badges?
- Create timelines for all the activities with a good margin for error, unexpected things things will happen. Agree the overall timeline with all concerned.
- Ensure sufficient meeting schedules per team and subteam to discuss all developments, updates and problems arising. For a 4-week project once every two weeks is not enough.
- Activity plan for the day
- What is required during the event?